Dental Sedation Options In Wetaskiwin
Dental care is important and neglecting serious oral health treatments can be hazardous, but some patients stop themselves from getting meaningful treatment due to dental anxiety or stress. If you are an anxious patient, you don’t have to let your anxiety keep you from having a beautiful healthy smile. At Mahoney Dentistry near Leduc and Camrose, we are sensitive and understanding towards our anxious patients and will do everything in our power to make them feel comfortable and at home in our office. If you need a procedure done, and the thought of that procedure is causing you anxiety or stress, you may want to consider sedation dentistry.
Sedation Helping You Relax
Sedation dentistry utilizes light anesthetic to induce a state of relaxation and calm. Patients who undergo sedation dentistry find stress relief and comfort during any procedure. After a sedation dentistry treatment, you will be awake enough to answer questions, but you will feel completely at ease] during the procedure. Sedation dentistry allows anxious patients to enjoy their dental visit here in Wetaskiwin.
How Sedation Works
- First, Dr. Mahoney’s office reviews your medical history.
- If cleared by your MD, you are given a pill to take one hour prior to your dental appointment.
- Make sure you have someone else drive you to your appointment. The pill will work quickly and create a relaxed, almost sleep-like state. You will already feel drowsy when you arrive.
- During treatment, your vital signs will be monitored while you are in a sleep-like state. You will be able to respond to any given commands or questions, but will not likely recall events while the drug is in effect.
- Beyond creating an optimal environment for you, sedation dentistry allows us to complete multiple treatments in one appointment.
With sedation available, you can relax while we improve your smile. For more information on our sedation treatments, feel free to talk to Dr. Mahoney. He is proud to offer his sedation services to everyone in the Wetaskiwin area, from Camrose to Leduc!