Dental Laser Services In Wetaskiwin
At Dr. Mahoney’s office, we combine our skill, passion, and experience with our laser technology to perform cutting-edge procedures. As we strive to ensure patient comfort, this technology allows us to provide compassionate dental care without compromising effectiveness.
Uses of Dental Lasers
Dental lasers differ according to the types of tissues involved, either hard or soft.
Hard tissues are your teeth and bones. Hard tissue lasers are available for crown lengthening or other hard tissue procedures.
Crown lengthening may be necessary in cases where a tooth lacks enough surface area to support dental work. If you require crown lengthening, we will use a laser to expose enough of the tooth to provide a secure foundation for crowns. This is usually accomplished by moving bone.
The soft tissues in your mouth are the tongue, cheeks, gums, and lips. Soft tissue procedures include frenectomies, gum contouring, and gum therapy. If we utilize dental lasers on soft tissues, the goal is to clear out harmful bacteria that can cause periodontal disease.
The Benefits of Dental Laser Procedures
There are numerous benefits to using lasers for both patients and dental professionals. Some of these benefits include:
- Precision | Our dental lasers allow Dr. Mahoney more precision and accuracy during dental procedures.
- Faster Procedures | Because a laser instrument is so precise, Dr. Mahoney is often able to perform procedures quickly and more efficiently.
- Faster Healing | Dental laser equipment minimizes bleeding and swelling and reduces the risk of infection. When you undergo a laser dentistry procedure, you can recover from your procedure faster.
- Quieter Procedures | Laser dentistry equipment is quieter than regular equipment.
- Comfort | Laser dentistry treatments require less pressure and feel more comfortable than procedures that do not utilize laser dentistry technology.
We are excited about what dental lasers can do for your oral health. If you are interested in enjoying the benefits of modern dental technology, schedule a consultation with Dr. Mahoney. Together, we will work together to determine if laser technology can improve your health.
To find out more about our laser dentistry procedures in Wetaskiwin, call our office today!