Dental Bridge Solutions For Missing Teeth in Wetaskiwin
What is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge is a dental restoration that can be used to replace one missing tooth or a series of missing teeth. Dental bridges are made with a series of dental crowns. We call them ‘dental bridges’ because the line of crowns fills in or “bridges” the gap left by a missing tooth or missing teeth.
Patients choose dental bridges as their restorative option for several reasons:
- Dental bridges can fill more than one gap if multiple teeth are missing.
- Dental bridges are created using high quality porcelain crowns that are specifically made for each patient to look and feel just like natural teeth.
- Dental bridges are both comfortable and functional. A dental bridge will replace your missing tooth and give you a full, functional set of teeth again.
- Dental bridges are affordable and cost effective.
- Dental bridges don’t require any specialized care. You can take care of a dental bridge simply by brushing it and flossing it every night.
The Dental Bridge Process
- First, Dr. Mahoney will prepare your adjacent teeth for crowns at his office in Wetaskiwin.
- Once your teeth are prepped, Dr. Mahoney will place crowns over your adjacent teeth.
- With the crowns in place, Dr. Mahoney will secure the dental bridge over the gap by cementing it between the two crowns.
- You will be able to leave the office that day with a full, beautiful smile.
Dr. Mahoney and his staff show sensitivity and understanding to their patients who are missing teeth, and can offer several restorative options that will help a patient feel comfortable with his/her smile again. If you or a loved one are missing teeth, call us today to speak with our dentist in Wetaskiwin. Dr. Mahoney would be happy to discuss your options and help you find a meaningful solution if you are in the area, from Leduc to Camrose!