Dentures that rest on the gums have a long history in dentistry. But a revolution is taking place, and these traditional dentures are no longer the only option. At Timothy G. Mahoney DDS in Wetaskiwin, we offer state-of-the-art, implant-supported dentures.
Dental implants are titanium posts that are inserted into your jaw. Within a few months the post has fused with the bone. This forms a rock-solid foundation for a replacement tooth.
One implant can support one artificial tooth. Multiple implants can support a dental bridge, or full dental arch.
Dental implants provide the following benefits:
- Stability. Implants don’t move around in your mouth.
- Form and Function. Implants look and function like natural teeth.
- Like a New Root. Dental implants mimic a natural tooth root, promoting healthy bone.
- Bone Retention. The implant prevents bone recession and stimulates blood circulation.
- Comfort. No gum irritation.
- Appearance. Get your smile back!
Before you can get a dental implant, we have to make sure you’ve got enough healthy bone to support it. Even if you have lost bone mass due to recession, though, a bone graft can stimulate new bone growth. In a matter of months you should have enough to support the implants.
Implant-supported dentures from Timothy G. Mahoney DDS in Wetaskiwin can change your life. We have placed them in patients from Leduc, Camrose, and Ponoka, who also come to us for complete general dentistry. Call our office to schedule an appointment today!
Contact Timothy G. Mahoney DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):