If you want to floss regularly but find that you’re usually too tired at night, this post from Timothy G. Mahoney DDS in Wetaskiwin is for you. We want to give you a few ideas for unique times to floss so you can keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- If you’re an early riser, try flossing in the morning right after you brush.
- Try just after lunch, but before you go back to work.
- Before or after you exercise. The condition of your teeth is just as important. Keep some floss in your gym bag and give your teeth and gums some attention along with the rest of your body.
- While catching up on your favourite Netflix series.
- While taking a bath. Any task is more enjoyable if it can be done while relaxing in a warm tub. Light some scented candles, play some soothing music and turn off your cell phone for an at-home spa experience.
Just before bedtime, however, is still the best choice. Food particles left on teeth can turn into plaque while you sleep. The bacteria in plaque erodes enamel, creates cavities, and adversely affects gum tissue.
At Timothy G. Mahoney DDS in Wetaskiwin, we want the best possible dental health for all our patients. People from Leduc, Camrose, and Ponoka come to our office for general and restorative dentistry, and much more. Schedule your next checkup with us today!
Contact Timothy G. Mahoney DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):